Wednesday, October 1, 2008

lost tears lost

Such a gloomy day.

Bad news we received today. One of my girlfriend's co-teacher's only child last night died when he drowned while playing in a creek. They say it was about 5pm when the 9 year-old child was reported lost. The mother, my girlfriend's co-teacher, was at work for the pm shift at 2-11pm. It was about 9pm when she received a text message that her son was lost. She went home immediately. Racked with nervousness and fear that something more than just being 'lost' happened, she took a cab when she normally wouldn't.

But death doesn't wait. She arrived and found her son dead. Her one and only son is dead.

Times like this can make you question fate and even God. Such a thing makes you think that life is just unfair for taking away such a precious one without a warning and without even a chance to say goodbye.When I think about my love ones leaving me like that, I feel scared. It shakes me and it could make me cry-- just the mere thought of it! I think I would just crumble if it would really happen. I haven't experienced a death of a love one and I'm afraid that when it happens, I wouldn't know what to do. I could cry forever.

Today, the rain pours incessantly outside. The sky looked like it wouldn't shine for quite some time.

No comments: