Monday, November 24, 2008

not yet reading Twilight


There’s this ‘Twilight’ thing going in the air.

It’s been weeks since I got a copy of the Twilight novel by Stephenie Meyer but I really didn’t get the hook in reading it. It’s not that I found the novel uninteresting or something like that… just that I’m not so keen on reading in the first person POV.

I liked writing in the 1st person POV when I started writing in sixth grade. I’m not sure why I don’t like that particular style anymore.

In any case, I’ll try my best to watch the movie first. If I like it, if I think it deserves the $70.6 million at the box-office and if would really be up to par with Harry Potter, maybe I’ll get to read to novel.

So far, nothing about Twilight is catching my interest. It’s about a vampire and a lady having pretty good chemistry. The reviews I’ve read so far didn’t tell me something more interesting than that. According to the AP, the $70.6 million is highly accredited to teenage girls, the way they also did with Hannah Montana (well yes, maybe Potter too). No offense to the teenage girls, but I’m not just the type who’d love a movie because I’m swooning for a dreamy love story or a good looking vampire on the run. But yes, I understand the psychology of the “prince charming” and the maiden.

More than that, I’m looking forward to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I expect that apart from the ending parts, the movie would be somehow draggish since the book was more of information and unraveling secrets. Maybe this would be better than the Order of the Phoenix since there would be lesser actions to cramp in a movie length. I’m still wishing that they would extend the movie to 2 hours or more to give justice to the book.

Am I being childish by preferring wizards and magic than vampires and love?




ps… I’m not finding Daniel Radcliffe cute or handsome as he grows older. I’m not liking his body built either so not going to catch me no matter how many time he poses nude. I don’t like his hair, but I like it in this picture ^^ (Oh and please, Pattinson's NOT cute.)

1 comment:

anae said...

whahahah,. Rpatz is not cute,. now thats an ending,. wahahhaha./. ako i only read twilight in ebooks,. a friends sent it to me,. gusto mo pasa ko sayo??? i already saw the film courtesy of a friend and her husband,. ,.

and oh btw,. steven strait (yung asa Sky High, si Warren Peace, alala mo na?) is rumored to play a part in the next series. well hopefully, kasi madami din syang kacontend, with for the part of Jacob, yung werewolf, at downside is he is rather old. dapat kasi teenager lang. :( hay