Monday, November 3, 2008

Death Came

Mama informed me that Tito Itong died last night. He was hit by a bus--that's all I know. Apart from my grandparents, he's the next of kin to die in the family. He's the first of the 10 siblings to die. He's still young. He's, I think, 4th in the family while my dad's third. They were quite close, my father and my tito.

We were never really close to our relatives but I could say that I do have this soft spot for Tito Itong. He took care of me and my brother when we were still very young. He also regularly came to our house whenever my dad's around so I saw him sometimes. He was a very gentle man. His face looked very kind, just like Papa. He almost looked like he doesn't know how to pull an angry face. He's also soft-spoken. I thought now that maybe being soft-spoken runs in the men of their family. I got that trait. I would always remember how he would kindly ask how we were doing whenever we see each other. He would sometimes comment how old or how tall we've become when he had once saw us as little children. He especially took care of my second brother.

I remember when my grandparents still lived in Caloocan, he attempted to drive a tricycle when he didn't know anything about it. He was with his wife. Not far from where he started, he crashed. They didn't get hurt though, he wasn't driving fast. I just found it funny.

I feel sad that he left 3 young children behind. His family's not well-off too and I'm quite surprised to find myself worried about their family. How could his wife carry the burden of taking care of the kids? Certainly, I don't want them to end ip like my other cousins who couldn't finish their education. His kids... I'm particularly fond of the little girl, April. She was so fond of me too that she like following me around before. The kid thought I was pretty and I gave her one of my stuffed toys. I imagine that she's crying a lot right now.

I don't like the idea of death. It's depressing. But it's real.


Share your beautiful moments with Photo Gallery. Windows Live Photo Gallery

1 comment:

anae said...

condolence,. death,. totoo naman tlaga yun eh,. wag namuna natin isipin para di tyo bisitahin